Skip to content
Colon Hydrotherapy FAQ and Preparation
- We use a close Hydro Sans Plus system registered as an FDA Class II medical device.
- The device and all equipment used is sanitized between each client with approved disinfectants.
- The speculum is a medical grade one time use and sterile kit, varying in size under ¾ in. The client is modestly covered during the session. There is the option to self-insert the speculum.
- During the session, the client is asked to interrupt as needed with the urge to urinate, to breathe through all urges to push, and to communicate with any discomfort or pressure at any point in the session. The therapist will be maintaining a safe and comfortable space and experience for the client.
- Pre-colon hydrotherapy preparations:
- Drink at least ½ of your body weight in ounces of water per day
- Drink at least 16 ounces of water before your scheduled session
- Eat a light diet with more focus on fruits and vegetables
- Avoid eating at least 2-3 hours before your scheduled session
- Post-colon hydrotherapy:
- Drink at least ½ of your body weight in ounces of water per day afterwards
- Eat a liquid diet containing bone broth and vegetables to allow maximum effects for at least 12-24 hrs. post
- Slowly increase with vegetables, probiotics, and fruits
- Avoid all meat, dairy and grains for 24 hours post
- The number of sessions needed are determined by each individual case. Usually, a minimum of 3 sessions is needed to start seeing benefits and changes.
- Most people feel great afterwards but some may feel tired and others hungry or none of the above. Detox and cleansing by the body manifest are different ways so it is important to pay attention to any new concerns or symptoms. You will not need to be using the bathroom all day after a session.